Hola! I know I’ve been MIA for some time (one year and four months to be exact) but I’m gracing the screen of whoever is reading this to announce that I’m still alive and breathing.
What Kept Me Busy
First off, let me give you some updates on the Nowheregirl’s whereabouts for the past few months:
- If you’ve read my last blog post, you’d know that I promised my readers that I’d keep writing to inspire people. Although I stopped writing on my blog, I continued my personal advocacy by sending virtual hugs and messages to people who reached out via Facebook, Instagram, and email.
- Before I left the blogosphere, I challenged myself to read at least 30 books before 2018 came to a close. Update: I made it! Connect with me on Goodreads and let’s talk about books. I am keeping the tradition by challenging myself to read at least 30 books this 2019.
- I’m now past the age when I can ~legally~ dance and sing to one of Taylor Swift’s tracks on the Red album (what could that song be? hmmmm). I may be a year older, but my sentiments about my age and my remaining years on earth are still the same. Like I said in one of my previous blog posts, life sucks.
- Last year, I lost two persons I love. First, I lost my grandmother to heart attack and then I lost my high school best friend to depression. In one of my previous posts, I talked about how I find it ironic that out of all the dates on the calendar, the WORLD SUICIDE PREVENTION DAY fell on my birthday. Again, what. The. Actual. Fuck. I know I’ve said this before, but I still remind myself every now and then that The Great Universe conspired so that every September 10, I am reminded of two things: first, my existence and second, the reason why I shouldn’t cease to exist.
- Since climbing my mother mountain in August 2018, I have now trekked more than 16 mountains (I stopped keeping track) in Luzon, including Mt. Pulag, Mt. Makiling, Mt. Damas, and Tarak Ridge. I’ve also seen the legend Apo Whang-Od in person when my boyfriend and I went to Buscalan last year. With all these travels, you’d think I finally know where I am going but you’re wrong. I’m still the same old poor writer who’s clueless about the world (in the literal sense because I am never street-smart and in the figurative sense because I still don’t know what I want in my life). I’ll try to blog about my hiking adventures but to be honest, I am enjoying the process by focusing on feeling the power of being one with nature, if only for a few hours every month.
- I bought a camera and am practicing photography. Yay! I’d appreciate it if you could check out my works on Instagram. Pardon the messy feed but you’d see which ones are my “works” if you look closely (LOL). I’d also appreciate your comments, feedback, and suggestions. Show some love, pls!
- I decided to be an advocate for animal welfare. If you have a soft spot for rescued dogs and are willing to give them a pawsome life and a furever home, check out my Facebook and Instagram posts to see how you can get involved. You may also visit the website of Save the Laguna Pitbulls for more details.
What Happens Next
When I published this blog way back in 2017, I had no idea what I was doing and where I was heading (hence, the blog name). Today’s not any different except that instead of writing my way through life, I try to explore what life has to offer beyond the limitations of my thoughts and juvenile experiences.
As of writing this, my priorities are discovering PH mountains through joining hiking events and capturing beautiful people and places through photography. Connect with me on my socials to see my progress and get updates on the Nowheregirl’s whereabouts.